The world is diverse. So are we.
The University of Klagenfurt offers studies in the fields of business, culture, languages, media, law, technology and teaching. In addition, there are extension programmes, free electives and various continuing education programmes.
A good quality of supervision, short distances and practice-oriented and research-oriented teaching guarantee the best conditions for the successful completion of your desired studies.
The range of courses includes 21 Bachelor’s programmes, 30 Master’s programmes, 14 teacher training courses and 5 Doctoral programmes.
Would you like to complete an English-language degree programme and thus lay the foundation for an international career?
At the University of Klagenfurt there are 14 degree programmes taught in English to choose from:
- Bachelor English & American Studies
- Bachelor International Business and Economics
- Bachelor Robotics & Artificial Intelligence
- Master Artificial Intelligence and Cybersecurity
- Master Cross-Border Studies
- Master English & American Studies
- Master Game Studies and Engineering
- Master Information and Communications Engineering
- Master Informatics
- Master Information Management
- Master International Management
- Master Management, Economics, and Data Science
- Master Mathematics
- Master Media & Convergence Management
Extension programmes (EP) are degree programmes which serve the purpose of adding additional competences to the core skills acquired in your main degree programme. To do so, you must complete courses amounting to 32 ECTS (or 41 ECTS for “Teaching German as a Foreign and Second language”).
Depending on your programme of study, you may be able to take individual courses or entire modules from another discipline as a free elective. Classes are available in Peace Studies, Gender Studies, sign language, languages and writing. The Build! Entrepreneurship certificate and a certificate in sustainability are also available.
Doctoral programmes at the University of Klagenfurt
The University of Klagenfurt offers the following Doctoral programmes:
- Doctorate in Law
- Doctorate in Natural Sciences
- Doctorate in Philosophy
- Doctorate in Social Sciences and Economics
- Doctorate in Technical Sciences
Students at the University of Klagenfurt have many opportunities to learn a new language or consolidate their existing language skills.
- Language courses available to students on all degree programmes
Options include Bosnian/Croatian/Serbian, English, French, Italian, Spanish, Russian, Slovene and Latin.
- Sign language courses Sign language courses can be taken as elective modules.
- Students Union language courses (fees apply)
The department for foreign students, multilingualism, and interculturality at the Students Union offers language courses every semester. Please refer to the website for the latest information.
- Language courses run by the “Deutsch in Österreich” language centre (fees apply)
The “Deutsch in Österreich” (German in Austria) language centre offers intensive semester-long or summer courses in English, Italian, Spanish and Slovene. It is also a licensed Österreichisches Sprachdiplom (ÖSD – Austrian language diploma) examination centre (all levels). Please visit the German in Austria website for more information about language course prices.
Continuing education at the University of Klagenfurt
Continuing education refers to all activities that promote and support lifelong learning. The University of Klagenfurt currently offers more than 50 continuing education courses, as well as courses and workshops of differing lengths on a variety of different subjects. This course offer makes the University of Klagenfurt one of the largest academic institutions to offer continuing education in Austria.