Master International Management
Contents of degree programme
Highly qualified for an international career: In an age of globalization, languages as well as cultural knowledge and skills are essential competencies to compete in international markets. The Master’s degree programme in International Management provides students with the opportunities to acquire these competencies. The mandatory semester abroad will broaden the horizon and enable students to establish and maintain social networks in culturally diverse countries. An excursion and a short-term period of study abroad also emphasize the cultural focus of the degree programme.
The programme is based on culture, economy and management. The entire Master’s degree programme is taught exclusively in English to guarantee the programme’s international flair. A mixture of courses related to marketing, innovation management, entrepreneurship, financial accounting, operations management, and logistics in global contexts serve the formation of management skills. In addition, the focus of the programme is to enhance intercultural skills. At least one excursion and a short-time period of study abroad in the Southeast and Eastern Europe region give students the opportunity to gain valuable international experience. “Go global” is the theme for the mandatory semester abroad, which can be completed anywhere in the world. This degree is unique due to the wide range of opportunities for gaining experiences abroad.
The wide spectrum of the management training qualifies graduates for a range of positions. Thanks to the international focus of the Master’s degree, our graduates are highly sought after by multinational companies and organisations.
- Unique Master's programme with a limited number of students
- A wealth of opportunities to become acquainted with other cultures in the course of excursions or by spending a period of study abroad
- Over 100 partner universities all over the world
- The campus in Klagenfurt offers excellent supervision arrangements, small seminar groups and manageable working groups. It is quick and easy to find friends and establish connections here!
Level of qualification:
Master's degree programme
Students are shown how to address a variety of business administration issues in the respective cultural context. They are able to
- autonomously develop solutions for business administration issues with/in an intercultural and international context, and can implement the solution in the practical setting.
- critically analyse and evaluate decisions made by corporate management, giving due consideration to culture, organisation and market.
- plan and implement the foundation of a businesses and innovations from a global and export-oriented perspective.
- analyse international markets and respond flexibly to the cultural diversity of the stakeholders.
- meet and overcome challenges in the sphere of international financial accounting and legal regulations.
Application period for the entrance examination
1 March to 15 September 2019
|Required subjects||Principles of International Business||4.5|
|Principles of International Law||1.5|
|International Entrepreneurship and Innovation Management||6|
|International Financial Management||6|
|International Operations Management and Logistics||6|
|Cultural Skills in SEE and CEE||12|
|Global Cultural Skills||6|
|Elective subjects||Electives I: Specialization in International Management||16|
|Electives II: Advanced Cultural Skills||6|
|Electives III: Advances in International Management||12|
|Master thesis||including two seminars||25 + 4|
Students can choose to replace the entire set of "Options“ worth 9 ECTS credits with a relevant work internship and an associated scientific reflection seminar. The internship can be completed in a domestic or foreign company, public administration, or with a non-profit organisation, and must have a minimum duration of 200 hours.
Careers and occupational profiles
Graduates of the Master's degree programme International Management are qualified for professional responsibilities in international and interdisciplinary fields, e.g. for the management of small and medium-sized businesses, management positions in the middle and upper management of international companies and organisations, as well as professional activities in university and non-university research institutions.
Continuing your studies
Upon successful completion of the Master’s degree programme International Management, students can continue their studies in the Doctoral degree programme.
Within the scope of the free electives and in accordance with the respective curriculum, students can receive credits for individual courses or for entire modules from other subject areas.