The University of Klagenfurt stands in solidarity with students from Ukraine and is introducing a number of support measures.
We condemn the military action taken by the Russian Federation against Ukraine and the distorted portrayal of historical facts used to legitimise this action in the strongest terms. Our solidarity lies with the entire Ukrainian population and in particular with our partners in higher education.
We extend our solidarity to all the people in Ukraine and Russia who are suffering as a result of this war and who oppose it. We will do all we can to support students and researchers whose education and careers have been abruptly halted by this war.
To read the courageous open letter of protest by Russian scientists and science journalists against the invasion of Ukraine, see https://t-invariant.org/2022/02/we-are-against-war/
- The Student Social Fund provides support in cases of hardship.
- The Austrian student union (ÖH) provides support in the form of information and assistance.
- Refugee students with Ukrainian citizenship can take part in the MORE programme.
- Ukrainian academics who are in Klagenfurt can use the 24-hour library free of charge.
- Further information on the subject (offers of assistance and initiatives as well as reports and research papers) can be found on the website of the Department of Slavonic Studies: Department of Slavonic Studies – University of Klagenfurt (aau.at)
- Additional information on support for students affected by the war in Ukraine can be found on the website of the Austrian student union (ÖH): Ukraine info | Austrian student union (oeh.ac.at)
- Information on ÖH language courses: https://registrations.esnaustria.org/klagenfurt/sprachkurse-ss22/
- Additional German course offered by the ÖH in cooperation with the VOBIS association: Basics of German for Ukrainian refugees (goal: reaching A1 level). The course is intended to cover the need for German courses for Ukrainian refugees in the short to medium term until they have access to official courses. Depending on the availability of places, new participants can be accepted on an ongoing basis. Registration is possible at german [dot] gambit3d [at] gmail [dot] com
- Special scholarship programme Ernst Mach-Ukraine: The scholarship is aimed both at Ukrainian students who are already studying regularly at an Austrian university and at students, academics and researchers from Ukraine who would like to continue their studies or research project in Austria. Here you can find further information: https://oead.at/en/the-oead/our-programmes-from-a-to-z#c48232 . For questions about the scholarship, please contact: mach-ukraine [at] oead [dot] at
- OeAD – Information about Ukraine: https://oead.at/de/der-oead/informationen-zur-ukraine
- Study in Austria – Information for Students and Researchers from Ukraine: https://studyinaustria.at/en/study/information-for-students-and-researchers-from-ukraine
- Student support center: https://ukraine.uni-foundation.eu/
- Detailed information on worldwide funding opportunities and scholarships for students and academics from Ukrainian universities can be found at: Science for Ukraine
- Austrian Academy of Sciences (ÖAW) – Research stays in Austria for researchers from Ukraine: https://www.oeaw.ac.at/en/oeaw/press/news/oeaw-emergency-call-for-researchers-from-ukraine-starts
- Federal State of Carinthia, Ukraine Information: https://ukraine-info.ktn.gv.at/EN