The University of Klagenfurt stands in solidarity with students from Ukraine and is introducing a number of support measures.
We extend our solidarity to all the people in Ukraine and Russia who are suffering as a result of this war and who oppose it. We will do all we can to support students and researchers whose education and careers have been abruptly halted by this war.
To read the courageous open letter of protest by Russian scientists and science journalists against the invasion of Ukraine, see https://t-invariant.org/2022/02/we-are-against-war/
- Students with Ukrainian citizenship will have their tuition fees waived for the summer semester 2024.
- The Student Social Fund provides support in cases of hardship.
- The Austrian student union (ÖH) provides support in the form of information and assistance.
- Displaced persons from Ukraine can take part in the MORE programme.
- Ukrainian academics who are in Klagenfurt can use the 24-hour library free of charge.
- Further information on the subject (offers of assistance and initiatives as well as reports and research papers) can be found on the website of the Department of Slavonic Studies: Department of Slavonic Studies – University of Klagenfurt (aau.at)
- Additional information on support for students affected by the war in Ukraine can be found on the website of the Austrian student union (ÖH): Ukraine info | Austrian student union (oeh.ac.at)
- OeAD – Information about Ukraine: https://oead.at/en/the-oead/information-about-ukraine
- Study in Austria – Information for Students and Researchers from Ukraine: https://studyinaustria.at/en/study/information-for-students-and-researchers-from-ukraine
- Student support center: https://ukraine.uni-foundation.eu/
- Detailed information on worldwide funding opportunities and scholarships for students and academics from Ukrainian universities can be found at: Science for Ukraine
- Austrian Academy of Sciences (ÖAW) – Research stays in Austria for researchers from Ukraine: https://www.oeaw.ac.at/en/oeaw/press/news/oeaw-emergency-call-for-researchers-from-ukraine-starts
- Federal State of Carinthia, Ukraine Information: https://ukraine-info.ktn.gv.at/EN