Extension programmes (EP)
Extension programmes (EP) are degree programmes which serve the purpose of adding additional competences to the core skills acquired in your main degree programme. To do so, you must complete courses amounting to 32 ECTS (or 41 ECTS for “Teaching German as a Foreign and Second language”).
Registration for an extension programme
If you have been admitted to a degree programme at the University of Klagenfurt in the past or if you are currently enrolled in a degree programme at the University of Klagenfurt, please complete the student data sheet and either hand it in at the Admissions Office or e-mail it to studienabteilung [at] aau [dot] at within the admission periods. Please make sure to indicate the main degree programme to which the extension programme is to be added.
To register for an extension programme in the event that you have not been or are not currently enrolled at the University of Klagenfurt but have completed a regular degree programme at another post-secondary educational institution, please contact studienabteilung [at] aau [dot] at at by e-mail within the admission periods stating your request.
Admission requirements for extension programmes
All applicants must meet at least one of the following admission requirements:
- Valid admission to a Bachelor’s, Master’s or Diploma degree programme at the University of Klagenfurt.
In the case of the extension of a Bachelor’s degree programme: completion of examinations and/or of the Bachelor’s thesis comprising at least 120 ECTS credits.
In the case of the extension of a Master’s degree programme: completion of examinations and/or of the Master’s thesis comprising at least 80 ECTS credits.
In the case of the extension of a Diploma degree programme: completion of the first stage of the degree programme.
- Completion of a Bachelor’s, Master’s or Diploma degree programme at the University of Klagenfurt or at another recognised domestic or foreign post-secondary educational institution.
The following extension programmes are available:
Students learn how to deal with diversity and difference and can put these competences to creative use when it comes to addressing their own professional and practical needs. Students are able to link theoretical knowledge about diversity with cultural practices and inter-/transcultural processes and can reflect thereon.
Scope: 32 ECTS credits
Planned duration of studies: 2 semesters
Required subjects worth 20 ECTS credits
- Perspectives on inter-/transcultural competences (12 ECTS credits)
- Intercultural practical placement including project (8 ECTS credits)
Restricted electives worth 12 ECTS credits
- Global citizenship (12 ECTS credits)
- The extended Alps-Adriatic sphere as a transnational space (12 ECTS credits)
- Inter-/transcultural competences in connection with focus regions (12 ECTS credits)
Prerequisites for admission
- Bachelor’s degree programme: the completion of examinations and/or the Bachelor’s thesis totalling at least 120 ECTS credits
- Master’s degree programme: the completion of examinations and/or the Master’s thesis totalling at least 80 ECTS credits
- Diploma degree programme: the completion of the first stage of studies
Curriculum (German language version)
Tuesday, 1 p.m. to 2 p.m. (by appointment only)