The positive development of the regional labour market in the ICT sector has resulted in an increasing demand for skilled professionals. With its degree programmes in the field of technical sciences, the University of Klagenfurt makes a significant contribution to the training of highly qualified graduates in the ICT sector. The University of Klagenfurt Technology Scholarships were established to attract more highly qualified students to these study programmes.
So far, in cooperation with the Carinthian Chamber of Commerce (WKO) and Federation of Austrian Industries (IV), scholarship holders have been supported in finding a paid internship in the first year of their Master’s degree programme.
Scholarship holders shall be enabled to finance the second year of their Master’s degree programme with a paid internship, which is also part of the curriculum.
Based on an agreement with the University of Klagenfurt, the OeAD – Austria’s Agency for Education and Internationalisation publishes the call for applications, accompanies the selection process, awards the scholarships and offers its services to the selected scholarship holders before and during their stay in Austria.
AAU’s International Office offers guidance to awarded scholarship holders on administrative study-related matters, while counselling on academic topics is provided by the academic supervisors assigned by the Faculty of Technical Sciences.
- Monthly scholarship for the duration of max. 12 months: EUR 800*
- One-time lump sum for travel costs between EUR 25 and EUR 660
Upon proven academic success, scholarship holders will be exempted from paying tuition fees for the Master’s degree programme at AAU.
Scholarship holders will be provided assistance when booking accommodation and applying for student health insurance in Austria.
*supplementary grant, own funds are required
- have completed a Bachelor’s degree relevant for one the Master’s degree programmes listed below in one of the following countries/regions: Albania; Algeria; Argentina; Belarus; Bosnia and Herzegovina; Bulgaria; China; Croatia; Democratic Republic of Congo; Egypt; Estonia; Greece; Israel; Jordan; Kosovo; Latvia; Lebanon; Libya; Lithuania; Montenegro; Morocco; North Macedonia; Palestinian territories; Poland; Portugal; Romania; Russian Federation; Serbia; Slovenia; Syria; Tunisia; Türkiye; Ukraine; Uruguay; Uzbekistan; Vietnam,
- can prove very good English language skills (B2 or C1, depending on the desired study programme – Common European Framework of Reference for Languages – CEFR),
- are not resident in Austria at the time of application, and
- want to pursue one of the following Master’s degree programmes at AAU and start their studies in the winter semester 2023/24:
- Master in Mathematics
- Master in Game Studies and Engineering
- Master in Informatics
- Master in Information Management
- Master in Artificial Intelligence and Cybersecurity
- Master in Information and Communications Engineering (ICE):
AAU aims to increase the proportion of women students in technical sciences and therefore specifically invites qualified women to apply for a Technology Scholarship.
Jelena Tošić Marjanović, LL.M. MSc
University of Klagenfurt
technology [dot] grants [at] aau [dot] at