Information, coordination & advice
Office of the Equal Opportunities Working Group
For requests, complaints, or suggestions falling within the remit of the Working Group for Equal Opportunities, please contact the Office of the Working Group.
The role of the Office is to support the Working Group with regard to:
- legal as well as content-related and administrative tasks
- legal counselling for members of the university subject to sexual harassment, discrimination or bullying
- the participation in a gender-sensitive human resource and structural development
Student village, House 9, 2nd Floor
Room: D 9.2.03/03
E-mail: akg [dot] buero [at] aau [dot] at
Phone: +43 463 2700 8609
Profile and responsibilities
The senate of each university shall establish a working group on equal opportunities responsible for combating gender discrimination as well as discrimination on the basis of ethnicity, religion or conviction, age, or sexual orientation by university governing bodies and for advising and supporting the university’s members and governing bodies in connection with these issues (Section 42 (1) Universities Act 2002).
Furthermore, the Working Group for Equal Opportunities deals with issues relating to equal opportunities and the advancement of women (Section 42 (1) Universities Act 2002 in conjunction with Section 41 (2) Equal Treatment Act (B-GlBG)).
In order to fulfil its responsibilities, the Working Group for Equal Opportunities has extensive rights of information, control and participation.
The Working Group for Equal Opportunities is not a decision-making body; it advises and exercises accompanying control.
- annulation of decisions, warnings or other measures
- make decisions/jugdements with regard to the existence of discrimination/bullying/gender and/or sexual harassement/stalking
- represent in court
- issue instructions to university members