Equal Opportunities Working Group (AKG)
- +43 463 2700 8610
- Ulrike [dot] Kofler [at] aau [dot] at
- +43 463 2700 8618
- Erika [dot] Schoenhals [at] aau [dot] at
Information, coordination & advice
Office of the Equal Opportunities Working Group
If you have any requests, complaints, or suggestions that fall within the remit of the Equal Opportunities Working Group, please contact the Office of the Working Group.
The role of the Office is to support the Working Group with regard to:
- legal as well as content-related and administrative tasks
- legal counselling for members of the university who are subjected to sexual harassment, discrimination or bullying
- the participation in gender-sensitive human resource and structural development
Contact: Ulrike Kofler
Room: B01.1.301 and B01.1.311, Lakeside Park
E-mail: akg [dot] buero [at] aau [dot] at
Phone: +43 463 2700 8610
Profile and responsibilities
The Senate of each university shall establish a working group on equal opportunities responsible for combating gender discrimination as well as discrimination on the basis of ethnicity, religion or conviction, age, or sexual orientation by university governing bodies and for advising and supporting the university’s members and governing bodies in connection with these issues (Section 42 (1) Universities Act 2002).
Furthermore, the Equal Opportunities Working Group deals with issues relating to equal opportunities and the advancement of women (Section 42 (1) Universities Act 2002 in conjunction with Section 41 (2) Equal Treatment Act (B-GlBG)).
In order to fulfil its responsibilities, the Equal Opportunities Working Group has extensive rights of information, control and participation.
The Equal Opportunities Working Group is not a decision-making body; it advises and exercises accompanying control.
Matters that do NOT fall within the competence of the Equal Opportunities Working Group
The Working Group cannot
- annul decisions, warnings or other measures
- make decisions/jugdements with regard to the existence of discrimination/bullying/gender and/or sexual harassement/stalking
- represent in court
- issue instructions to university members
All requests for information or support are treated confidentially. The members of the Working Group are subject to official secrecy.
The processing of personal data is carried out in strict compliance with the principles and requirements laid down in the GDPR and the Austrian DSG – data protection information.
ANONYMOUS REPORT TO THE AKG
Your enquiry will be treated confidentially. All members of the AKG are bound by a duty of secrecy.
9020 Klagenfurt am Wörthersee
+43 463 2700
uni [at] aau [dot] at