Vice-Rector for Education
Ass.-Prof. Mag. Dr.
Contact & Office
Telephone: +43 463 2700 9212
E-mail: vr-lehre [at] aau [dot] at
Room: Z. 2.20
Tasks and responsibilities
- Overall responsibility for all matters relating to academic teaching (with the exception of Doctoral programmes);
- conducting teaching evaluations;
- conducting evaluations of degree programmes;
- student admissions (including all further Rectorate agendas, in accordance with sections 60 to 71 of the Universities Act 2002) with the exception of Doctoral programme admissions;
- levying university fees at the legally determined level (including decisions and instruments in accordance with section 92 of the Universities Act 2002, in budgetary alignment with the Rector);
- promoting student mobility (incoming and outgoing);
- granting scholarships (for social scholarships in cooperation with the social fund).
Responsibilities of the Rectorate, in accordance with the rules of procedure.
The Vice-Rector for Education is responsible for:
Doris Hattenberger, born in 1965, has been conducting research and teaching at the Department of Law at the University of Klagenfurt since 1992. Specialising in public law, she was initially employed as research assistant and progressed to assistant professor in 2001. She worked in the Constitutional Affairs department at the Office of the Carinthian Government in 2001 and 2002. She served the university in the role of Rector of Studies between 2013 and late 2016; she took over the duties as Vice-Rector for Education at the beginning of 2017. In May 2020, she was appointed for a further term of office by the university council. In addition to lecturing on the Business and Law, Applied Business Administration, Informatics and Media and Communications degree programmes at the university, she has also spent several years teaching at the International University Institute for European Studies in Gorizia (IT).
9020 Klagenfurt am Wörthersee
+43 463 2700
uni [at] aau [dot] at