Vice-Rector for Research
Telephone: +43 463 2700 9213
E-mail: vr-forschung [at] aau [dot] at
Room: Z. 2.18
Telephone: +43 463 2700 9245
E-mail: carina [dot] benko [at] aau [dot] at
Tasks and responsibilities
- Overall responsibility for the research and development matters, including securing good scientific practice;
- overall responsibility for all Doctoral programme matters insofar as they fall within the competence of the Rectorate (including Doctoral programme admissions;
- creating the intellectual capital report;
- evaluating research;
- undertaking all legal transactions in research matters, in particular concluding national and international research cooperations;
- interdiction of research projects in accordance with section 26 (1) in conjunction with section 26 (4) of the Universities Act 2002;
- withdrawal of authorisation, in accordance with section 27 (1) of the Universities Act 2002
- granting and withdrawal of project authority, in accordance with section 27 (2) of the Universities Act 2002;
- overall responsibility for all matters relating to the use and exploitation of intellectual property and the exercise of the right of recourse to service inventions (section 106 (3) Universities Act 2002).
Responsibilities of the Rectorate, in accordance with the rules of procedure.
The Vice-Rector for Research is responsible for:
Martina Merz, born in 1961, has been Professor of Science Studies at the Faculty of Interdisciplinary Studies (IFF) since October 2014. Initially based at the university’s Vienna premises, she relocated to Klagenfurt in October 2019. Having earned her doctorate in Physics, she subsequently turned to Sociology and Science Studies and was able to gain extensive experience in research and research management, with time spent in Germany, Switzerland, and Scandinavia, amongst others. Martina Merz maintains a wide spectrum of international relations and has held numerous high-level positions of responsibility in scientific journals, evaluations, third-party funded projects and funding bodies.
9020 Klagenfurt am Wörthersee
+43 463 2700
uni [at] aau [dot] at