Vice-Rector for Human Resources & Facilities
Univ.-Prof. Mag. Dr.
Reinhard Alexander Stauber
Telephone: +43 463 2700 9240
E-mail: vr-pers [at] aau [dot] at
Room: Z. 2.21
Telephone: +43 463 2700 9101
E-mail: margot [dot] neumer [at] aau [dot] at
Room: Z. 2.23
Tasks and responsibilities
- Overall responsibility for all personnel matters, personnel management and personnel development for the general and academic university staff (not including university professors), with the exception of the areas that fall under the responsibility of the Rector, as laid out in section 23 (1) of the Universities Act 2002;
- conducting staff evaluations, with the exception of those for university professors, as laid out in section 97 et seqq. of the Universities Act 2002;
- undertaking the allocation of posts and releasing posts to be filled (in budgetary alignment with the Rector), advertising of job posts and recruitment, with the exception of those of university professors;
- executing the agendas for equality, for the advancement of women and for protection against discrimination, in agreement with the other members of the Rectorate, depending on the respective areas of responsibility
- representing the university vis-à-vis the Equal Opportunities Working Group and the works councils with regard to personnel matters (with the exception of the matters stipulated in section 23 (1) clause 7 of the Universities Act 2002).
Responsibilities of the Rectorate, in accordance with the rules of procedure.
The Vice-Rector for Human Resources and Facilities is responsible for:
- Central Computing Services (ZID)
- Facilities Management (Buildings & Technology)
- Family Services
- Health Management, Occupational Health and Safety & Accessibility
- Human Resources Department
- Staff Development Department
- University Centre for Women’s Studies and Gender Studies
- University Sports Institute (USI)
Reinhard Stauber, born in 1960, has been Professor of Modern History and Austrian History at the University of Klagenfurt since 2003, having previously worked in Munich, Trento, Rome and Innsbruck, among others. In addition, he has also undertaken various projects for the Historical Commission at the Bavarian Academy of Sciences and Humanities and the Commission for Contemporary History of Austria. From 2015 until 2020 he served on the board of trustees of the Austrian Science Fund (FWF). Reinhard Stauber was repeatedly elected to serve as a member of the Senate of the University of Klagenfurt; between 2007 and 2011 he was Vice-Dean of the Faculty of Humanities, and he held the position as Dean of the Faculty from 2011 to 2013 and again in 2015.
9020 Klagenfurt am Wörthersee
+43 463 2700
uni [at] aau [dot] at