Works council for academic staff
Contact: Silvia Kummer
Phone: +43 463 2700 8611
E-mail: brwiss [at] aau [dot] at
Location: Services Building, Room O.1.13 (1st floor)
Profile and Responsibilities
The works council for academic staff at the University of Klagenfurt serves as the legal representation for all academic staff at the university.
Detailed information on the duties and responsibilities of the works council as well as news and the services offered are provided in the university’s online staff portal.
The works council for academic staff (BRWiss) is the staff representative body elected at 5-year intervals for all academic staff (tutors, student staff, project assistants, research assistants, lecturers and professors) at the University of Klagenfurt. The works council is competent the legal representation of interests in terms of service, salary and social law. Its responsibilities include, among others, the participation in
- in the implementation and monitoring of compliance as regards the rules for the protection of employees,
- in the event of termination of the employment relationship by dismissal or by termination on the part of the employer and in the event of a mutually agreed dissolution of the employment relationship.
The main legal basis for works council action is the Labour Constitution Act (Arbeitsverfassungsgesetz). The works council acts autonomously and its members enjoy extended protection against dismissal in order to safeguard their independence.
The Rectorate must inform and in some cases also actively consult the works council in decisions on personnel matters, on the preparation and amendment of the duty roster and schedule, on the allocation of leave, and on the introduction of new working methods and of systems for the computer-aided identification, processing and transmission of personal data relating to staff.
- Chairman of the works council
- +43 463 2700 4133
- Guido [dot] Offermanns [at] aau [dot] at
- 1st vice-chair
- +43 463 2700 4016
- Gudrun [dot] Fritz-Schmied [at] aau [dot] at
- 3rd vice-chair
- +43 463 2700 2111
- Martin [dot] Weiss [at] aau [dot] at
- 2nd vice-chair
- +43 463 2700 3737
- Claudia [dot] Steinberger [at] aau [dot] at
- +43 463 2700 2253
- Tina [dot] Bahovec [at] aau [dot] at
9020 Klagenfurt am Wörthersee
+43 463 2700
uni [at] aau [dot] at