As a public library, the university library is also available to interested members of the general public.
We warmly invite you to get to know and use the services and materials we offer.
- For non-members of the university, we’d be happy to issue a library card. You can apply for this directly at the loan desk upon presentation of an official photographic identity document and conformation of residency (fee: € 20/year). Alternatively, you can send the documents in advance to schalter [dot] bibliothek [at] aau [dot] at.
- Reduced rates:
- School pupils and apprentices receive a borrowing card at a reduced rate (fee: € 10/year) upon presentation of an acceptable ID (school pupil ID). Persons under the age of 18 also require a Declaration of consent and liability from the parent/guardian.
- Students at Austrian universities can borrow books free of charge with their student ID.
- Members of the Carinthia University of Applied Sciences can also borrow books free of charge with their student ID.
- Students at the University College of Teacher Education Carinthia, the Catholic University College of Teacher Education Carinthia and the Gustav Mahler Private University for Music can also borrow books free of charge with their student ID.
|Location||Catalogue status||Number||Loan length|
|Closed stacks||can be loaned (“entlehnbar”)||6||30 days|
|Open-access area||can be loaned for 3 days (“3 Tage entlehnbar”)||3||3 days|
|Textbook collection||for AAU students (“für AAU-Studierende”)||0|
|Media library||can be loaned for 30 days (“30 Tage entlehnbar”)||3||30 days*|
|Contemporary Fiction||can be loaned for 30 days (“30 Tage entlehnbar”)||3||30 days*|
|Inter-library loan||unlimited||depends on the library|
|* Cannot be renewed!|
Copying is only possible for registered external users!
You find more information at “services for non-university members.”
Alternative: Book scanner – please bring a USB stick!
The library has set up 4 special book scanners in its reading rooms (level 3, opposite the info counter), which can be used free of charge via USB sticks or external hard disks.
Tip: USB sticks can also be purchased at the loan desk (Klagenfurt University merchandising).