In consultation with university management, the University Library will continue to operate in accordance with current procedures until 24 January :
- The online search engine surf@ubk is operating with extended functionality: Books from the Reading Rooms (open access collection, etc.) can be requested and reserved via the search engine surf@ubk.
- Interlibrary lending remains activated. Using the corresponding online form in surf@ubk you can request works held by other libraries. However, processing will depend on whether libraries are able to dispatch their media under the given circumstances.
- Reserved works can be collected from the entrance area of the library once you have received an e-mail confirming that the works are ready for collection.
- Media can also be returned at any time, however, only via the return terminal at the library entrance.
(Please note that interlibrary loans and other works that cannot be accepted by the terminal must be placed on a specially prepared table near the circulation desk during opening hours.)
We are operating reduced opening hours:
- Monday-Wednesday, Friday: 12 noon to 3 p.m.
- Thursday: 3 to 7 p.m.
When collecting works from the library, we ask you to observe the following hygiene and protective measures:
- The circulation desk area of the library may only be entered one at a time.
- The use of protective face masks is compulsory when entering the university buildings and the library.
- When waiting on the “bridge” to enter the library, please keep your distance as indicated by markings.
- Please present your student ID card at the first counter by holding it up to the glass panel. You will then receive the works you have ordered.
You can find all the relevant information about borrowing media here:
NOTE: Please use this time to make the best possible use of the vast range of digital resources available!
PROXY SERVER: To access the electronic resources (via Surf@ubk, DBIS, etc.), please make sure that the proxy server settings are configured correctly for off-campus use.
If you have any questions, please contact us Mo-Fr from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.:
Phone: +43 463 2700 9580,
E-mail: schalter [dot] bibliothek [at] aau [dot] at
With best wishes for your health,
your University Library team