Management of contact persons (Contact Tracing)
Starting on Monday, 21 September 2020, the library will implement a system for the management of contact persons (Contact Tracing), which will also cover the opening hours of the circulation desk.
As is the case with the 24-hour library, the electronically controlled turnstiles will remain closed at all times, which means that university members will need to carry their AAU card with them in order to be able to access the library.
PLEASE NOTE: All members of the university who have not re-registered since 3 August MUST register for the 24h library in order to access the library. This also applies to access during the serviced opening hours!
Please register at least one day ahead of the first planned use of this service.
User accounts are activated overnight.
Wheelchair users are kindly requested to contact our staff at the circulation desk after registration.
Procedural rules as well as distance and hygiene measures apply:
- The requirement to wear masks throughout the library is based on the relevant provisions applicable to the university as a whole.
- Before entering the library, please use the disinfectant dispenser (outside the entrance).
- Including the PC work stations, there are roughly 130 reading and work stations available. The reading room for periodicals (approx. 50 places) is reserved as a “learning zone” for the participation in webinars.
- During your stay, we recommend that you wash your hands regularly and thoroughly.
- A safety distance of at least 2 metres must be complied with throughout the University Library.
- The minimum distance, as determined by seating arrangements in the study areas, must not be changed. Work stations are marked with stickers.
- Tables and keyboards must be disinfected before use by every user (disinfectant solution and tissues are available in all reading rooms and in the entrance area).
- Only one person per copy room.
- Only one person at a time is allowed to use the lift.
If you have any questions, please contact us during the opening hours of the circulation desk:
Phone: +43 463 2700 9580
E-mail: schalter [dot] bibliothek [at] aau [dot] at
We look forward to seeing you at the University Library!