Business Process Management and Workflows
We develop technologies for supporting the design and verification of Business Processes.
Our primary research interests are in the following areas:
- Workflow Management Systems
- Time-Management for Business Processes
- Verification and Scheduling of Processes with temporal uncertainties.
- Calculation of temporal restrictions
- Time-Cost Trade-offs
- Error- and Exception-Handling
- Interorganizational Business Processes
- Blockchain-based Business Processes
Information Systems for Medical Research
Medical Information Systems are an essential resource for medical research. They support a wide range of modern research fields such as genomic and personalized medicine. We are working in the following areas:
- Federated Bio Banks
- Protection of personal data, anonymization
- Data Provence and Data Quality
- Ontology-Based Exchange of Medical Data
- Efficient search of relevant cases for medical studies
Blockchains and Smart Contracts
Blockchains and Smart Contracts provide novel opportunities for the design and enactment of Interorganizational Business Processes. They can provide strong guarantees on the observability and enforceability of contracts. However, they are also demanding in terms of correctness since errors can have disastrous consequences.
- Methods for the Model-Based Design of Business Processes targeting Blockchains
- Modeling and Enforcement of Smart Contract Requirements in Business Processes
- Execution of Business Processes on Public and Permissioned Blockchains
- Data Privacy of Blockchain-Based Applications
- Smart Contracts and Time Constraints
The integration of different Information Systems is typically costly and error-prone. One reason are heterogeneities between the meaning of the same concepts in different systems. Semantic methods that allow the establishment of a common understanding between different systems can drastically reduce the integration effort.
- Methods for the Semantic Annotation of (XML/JSON)-Schemas
- Methods for Matching and Mapping annotated Schemas
- Automatic Generation and optimization of Data Flows in Interorganizational Processes.