to the Third International Workshop on Visual Research. Organized by Prof. Anna Schober from the Alpen-Adria-Universität Klagenfurt and her team (Department for Cultural Analysis, Division of Visual Culture) in cooperation with the International Sociological Association’s Visual Sociology Research Committee (RC57) (ISA-RC57).
The workshop addresses students interested in conducting empirical and theoretical research in the fields of visual sociology and visual culture studies, digital media and contemporary public spheres.
Possible themes for presentations are:
• The political and social agency of (moving) images in the digital age
• Social practices related to contemporary image production
• Global-local changes and transculturality connected to contemporary media worlds
• Visual media as agents of postmodern cultures of the self and identity politics
• Art, new media and ecology
• Visual media as a means for social and cultural research
• Artistic research
• Economies of looking and sharing in social networks
• Cultural und economic aspects of popular image production
• Non-human photography and automated image production
• Contemporary art practices in relation to digital image making