The Department of Environmental Studies at the Faculty of Social Studies (FSS) of Masaryk University (MU) invites applications for a 2-year post-doctoral position in the field of ecological economics/social solidarity economy
More information about the department can be found here.
Preferred fields of interest of the applicant include:
- input-output modelling, ecological macroeconomics, participatory modelling and decision-making, network analysis and the ecology of games
- political ecology with interest in biophysical nexus research
- social metabolism
- sustainable food systems
- practical and theoretical engagement with community/social solidarity economies
Teaching of one course per semester and participation in relevant research activities (including preparing project proposals, research and publication activities in top journals).
The successful candidate should:
- be a researcher who has received a PhD or its equivalent within the last 7 years
- be a researcher who has worked at least two whole years in the last three outside the territory of the Czech Republic in the field of research with a working time of at least 0.5 full-time equivalent, or who has been a PhD student (or equivalent) outside the Czech Republic
- have a publishing record – in the last three years at least two publication outputs registered in the Thomson Reuters Web of Science, Scopus or ERIH PLUS databases and at the same time publications such as “articles”, “books”, “book chapters”, “letters” and “reviews”. The applicant must be the principal author of at least one publication (according to the subject specificity it may be as first author, corresponding/reprint author, or the role of the individual authors should be stated in the article).
- have experience with research projects (an advantage)
- have excellent communication skills and ability to collaborate with multiple teams
- be prepared to be based in Brno, Czech Republic, for the duration of the appointment
MU offers the opportunity to gain:
- an interesting job in a dynamically expanding university area
- diverse and challenging work in an excellent research environment
- tenure track with an initial appointment for two years
- a professional team and a pleasant working environment
- interaction with leading scientists in an inspiring, internationalised environment
- a Welcome Service for the successful candidate and his/her family
- a salary between 75 000 – 92 000 CZK gross per month (approx. 2900 – 3600 Euro €) depending on your qualifications and seniority
The application should include:
- a CV including a summary of work experience, publication activity, involvement in research grants, etc.
- a Cover Letter
- contact information for at least two references
Please submit your application (or informal enquiries) by e-mail to postdoc [at] fss [dot] muni [dot] cz
A review of applications will commence immediately after the deadline. Short-listed candidates will be invited for an interview within one month of the deadline.
Deadline for applications: 28 January 2018
Start date from March 2018
Further information about:
Masaryk University is available at www.muni.cz/en
Brno is available at http://www2.brno.cz/index.php?lan=en&nav01=20608&nav02=20617