Every week of the semester, students have several time slots open to them in which they can prepare the lecture material and exercises, either alone, together with other students or accompanied by study assistants. The FUNction Space
- offers support for first-year students,
- creates a central work and discussion space for developing important skills for successful mathematical work,
- promotes cooperation between students in the study of lecture content,
- provides valuable direct feedback for the courses,
- is open to all students taking courses in mathematics,
- registration for the tutorial ‘FUNction Space’ is desired. (course number 311.99)
The FUNction Space takes place at the following locations:
- in the corridor between the Math Department and the central wing,
- in BigBlue Button via Moodle (see https://moodle.aau.at/course/view.php?id=28037) and
- in Discord (invitation link: https://discord.com/invite/PWV4Yk8).
The FUNction Space is in operation at the following times:
|Tuesdays||10:15 – 11:45 Isabella L. Fackelmann|
14:00 – 17:30 Emely H. Li Lobnig
|Wednesdays||13:45 – 15:15 Isabella L. Fackelmann|
17:45 – 19:15 Isabella L. Fackelmann
|Thursdays: 12.30 p.m. – 16:00 p.m., in presence and|
16.00 p.m. – 18.30 p.m., online
|10:00 -10:30 Anna Tscharre|
11:00 – 14:30 Richard E. Rauter
|On these days there is always at least one tutor online, who it will be is not fixed this year in order to be able to react flexibly to peak times.
You can (and should) also use the possibility to make an appointment: Write us (also by mail or on Discord) where you need help and when you have time, and we will answer you as soon as possible.
Study Assistants in the winter semester 2023/2024: Isabella Larah Fackelmann, Emely Hanna Li Lobnig, Anna Tscharre and Richard Emil Rauter
The Departments of Mathematics and Statistics and the Student Council for Mathematics