According to section 4a (2) 1 of the income tax act (EStG), the University of Klagenfurt is a nominated beneficiary of donations.
Please do not hesitate to get in touch!
Do you have questions or would you like to find out more about our projects? Then give us a call or send us an e-mail. We look forward to talking to you.
We would be delighted to receive your donation!
You can support the University of Klagenfurt with a donation, both as an individual and as a company.
Your donation is tax deductible!
As of 1 January 2017, donations are tax deductible. This means that it is no longer the donor’s responsibility to advise the tax authorities of the relevant details. Instead, the receiving organisation now passes on the information about the donation. If you provide us with your first name and last name (as stated on your certificate of registration) along with your date of birth, we can register your donation with your tax office. This data will then be included in the tax assessment for the current year, and your donation will automatically be tax deductible. To ensure data protection, the data is transmitted in encrypted form and can only be used by the tax office.
Please contact us if you would like further information.
You can deduct your donations from your taxes in accordance with the provisions of income tax law pursuant to section 4a (1) or section 18 (1) 7 of the income tax act (EStG). This applies to private individuals and companies.
Please note that we can only provide an overview of the essential legal principles here. Please ask your tax advisor about the exact amount relevant for income tax purposes. For further information, you can access the donation service of the Federal Ministry of Finance (BMF) below.
University of Klagenfurt fundraising guidelines
Pursuant to section 4a (2) 1 of the income tax act (EStG), the University of Klagenfurt is a nominated beneficiary of donations and is authorised to issue donation receipts.
Donations without specified purpose can be paid directly into the university account. For donations dedicated to a specified purpose, written contracts or donation agreements will be concluded.
To ensure a sound collaboration and a relationship with university sponsors that is characterised by mutual trust, the following principles are important to us:
- We protect the reputation, integrity and independence of the University of Klagenfurt as a public education and research institution.
- We respect the freedom of science, research and teaching.
- We guarantee independence from economic interests.
- We treat our sponsors with respect and appreciation and strive for a lasting and trusting relationship.
- We inform our sponsors about the progress of the projects they support.
- We monitor and guarantee the effective and appropriate use of the resources entrusted to us.
- We present the use of the funds entrusted to us in a transparent manner.
- We abide by the rules of anti-corruption and data protection.
- Data and information will not be disclosed to third parties without the consent of the parties involved.
- Intellectual property created as a result of financial or in-kind support remains with the University of Klagenfurt due to legal and tax requirements and cannot be (partially) transferred to the sponsors.
Guidelines for endowed professorial chairs and endowed departments:
- Endowed professorial chairs, endowed departments and comparable institutions must be placed on a secure financial footing.
- Negotiations are conducted by the Rector or a person duly appointed. Negotiations will commence when a concrete declaration of intent regarding the purpose of the endowment, the endowment period and the financial framework is available.
- The University of Klagenfurt shall decide on the establishment of endowed professorial chairs, endowed departments and comparable institutions. The establishment and announcement of endowed professorial chairs as well as the appointment of persons to the chairs is carried out in accordance with the statutory provisions.
- Research and teaching conducted by the endowed professors and departments are free and not subject to any influence by the sponsor. Similarly, no expectations may be attached to the University of Klagenfurt with regard to the conclusion of sales or procurement transactions. The sponsors have no claim to the use of research results.
- Funding agreements are made in writing.
- The University of Klagenfurt shall ensure the appropriate use of funds and shall be fully accountable to the sponsor.