Courses at the Department of Human Resource Management, Leadership and Organizational Behavior
For information on courses currently held by the Department, please visit the Campus-System.
Required literature for the Fachprüfung (= modular examination)
The literature for the “Fachprüfung” is available on moodle, in a course which provides all relevant contents for the exam as scans.
It is a course for which you can register yourselves.
To do so, please:
- visit the AAU homepage (www.aau.at) and scroll to the end of the page,
- click on the “moodle” button and log in with your university account,
- enter “Literatur zur Fachprüfung” in the search field,
- the course “Literatur zur Fachprüfung im Bereich Personal, Führung und Organisation/PFO” will then pop up,
- click on the course and register for it by clicking on the blue “register” button,
- an you will have access to the relevant literature.
- Only the student ID and a drink bottle are allowed on the desks. Students who are not native speakers of German may bring a dictionary. This dictionary must not contain any additional notes.
- Mobile phones, tablets and similar devices are considered unauthorized aids. Phones must be turned off during the exam (it is not permitted to just switch them to ‘silent’).
- It is prohibited to leave the room during the examination.
- Using unauthorized aids will automatically lead to a fail grade on the eam.
Online exams at the Department of Human Resource Management, Leadership and Organizational Behavior
Please note that you will require an “SPU”-compliant notebook. If you do not have your own laptop, you may borrow one from the E-learing Department: elearning [at] aau [dot] at
available at the AAU library
Information on Internships
- Master’s Program (L 918)
have to work on a four-month project in a national or international company (intership) within one semester.
The internshop may NOT take place during the last semester of your studies. The internship projects are supervised by the department and are to provide students with the oppertunity to practically implement the knowledge and skills gained in the classroom.
You have to apply for the internship at least 2 weeks before the semester in which you wish to do your internship.
Click HERE for the internship guidelines and the registration forms!
NOTE: Please do not make an appointment with Prof. Offermanns until after you have read the guidelines.
The registration form as well as the confirmation of internship must be submitted to Mrs Monika Jaritz (Room S.0.02).
Procedure for Supervision of Master’s Thesis
The following steps are necessary before registering for a Master’s thesis Seminar:
- You have passed the Fachprüfung (=subject examination) in PFO
- You have a basic idea as to the topic and the structure of your Master’s thesis.
- You have contacted a potential supervisor at the Department of Human Resource Management, Leadership and Organizational Behavior. Your ideas and expectations as well as possible ways of implementing them will be discussed. You will then receive a confirmation indicating the staff member’s willingness to supervise your thesis.
- Erst mit Betreuungszusage ist die Anmeldung zum Seminar zur Betreuung der Masterarbeit möglich!
Study and further training in empirical research methods