D!ARC net:work is intended as an open and friendly for all disciplines and diverse academic levels. In
particular, we provide a space for PhD candidates – to meet, to discuss and also to present
work. PhD candidates will get feedback on ongoing work, or even first ideas for a potential
research project from an interdisciplinary community.
We aim at fostering discussions and building an interdisciplinary community throughout the
University of Klagenfurt around the topic of “Humans in the Digital Age” and related
The meeting is divided into two parts. In the first part (ca. 1h), a PhD student will give us a
short input into their work (20 min. max), followed by input from a discussant and a general
discussion. The second part of the meeting (1⁄2 hour) will be used for informal exchange and
networking between the different participants.
In order to keep the meeting open and friendly, we follow the idea of a brown bag lunch.
Feel free to bring your own food! Cookies will be provided by D!ARC.
The event will be in English.
Upcoming Events WS 2022/23
28. März 2023 13:00-14:30Uhr Outdoor HS Kosuta (in case of rain HS 8)
Roland Peball BA MA
Titel: “Playing Imitation Games – Impressions and perspectives from contemporary AI-discourse(s)”
15. November 13-14.30 Uhr im Sustainability Lab/Lakesidepark
Nima Mahdion Ph.D.
Titel: “Secure and efficient software implementations of cryptographic primitives”
18. August 13-14.30 Uhr Outdoor HS Kosuta
Gabriel Grill from Michigan University (USA)
Titel “Constructing Certainty in Machine Learning: On the performativity of accuracy and its hold on the future”
23. Juni 13-14.30 Uhr: Thomas Marquet
31. Mai 13-14.30 Uhr: Mathias Jesse (Doctoral School DECIDE, D!ARC)
12. Mai 13-14.30 Uhr: Miriam Fahimi (NoBIAS Project, D!ARC)
6. April 10:30-12:00 Uhr: Kristen M. Scott (KU Leuven, Austausch mit D!ARC)
9020 Klagenfurt am Wörthersee
+43 463 2700
uni [at] aau [dot] at