The university gets cycling: Here are the winners of the May challenges
Since the launch of the initiative “The university gets cycling” at the end of April, students and staff have been pedalling hard. Some 11,000 kilometres have been travelled by bike in June so far. Given the current fuel prices, this is not only good for the climate, but also for your wallet.
Many thanks to all of you who joined us in May!
The winners of the challenges in May are:
- Most kilometres cycled overall: Michael Kurnik
- Most kilometres commuted by bike: Lisa Wirges
- Most frequent commute by bike: Marco Seiwald
- Longest cycled commuting route: Celine Gunz
- Most altitude metres covered in a single journey: Lisa Wirges
- Most kilometres cycled overall: Gerhard Leitner
- Most kilometres commuted by bike: Gerhard Leitner
- Longest cycled commuting route: Gerhard Leitner
- Most frequent commute by bike: Andrea Bonizzi
- Most altitude metres covered in a single journey: Udo Schilcher
- Longest business trip by bike: Michaela Szölgyenyi
Gerhard Leitner (Department of Informatics Systems) is the overall winner for the month of May and the winner of the swiss stone pine hike through the pine forest in the Nockberge biosphere park!
You can still register and participate in the initiative via the “Kärnten radelt” platform: https://kaernten.radelt.at/