PhD position in optimization at the Alpen-Adria-Universität Klagenfurt available
The position is within an international project funded by the Austrian Science Fund FWF and the Slovene Research Agency ARRS and deals with exact algorithms for binary quadratic problems.
Applicants must hold an MSc degree (or equivalent) in mathematics or a strongly related field at the time of hiring. The successful candidate will join the optimization group https://www.aau.at/mathematik/team/#Optimierung, a research team with wide international recognition.
- The position comes with substantial travel funding.
- There is no obligation to teach, but the possibility to teach (with additional payment).
- Starting date is expected at latest September 1, 2017, but negotiable.
- Applications including a CV, a letter of motivation, a PDF file of the master/diploma thesis and the name of one reference with her/his email-address, should be sent, until March 15, 2017, to
angelika.wiegele at aau.at
- For further information do not hesitate to contact Angelika Wiegele.
Alpen-Adria-Universität Klagenfurt (AAU) aims to create an environment that young researchers will find beneficial and conducive to their research. Support for young researchers is available through the Career progression for young researchers.
The AAU is the most attractive campus university in Austria. With a charming campus in leafy surroundings and modern infrastructure, it is possible to blend studying and leisure in a single location.
Moreover, AAU is a certified family friendly employer.
Klagenfurt, home to around 100,000 inhabitants, is a modern city with a high quality of living and with a Mediterranean flair. The campus is situated very close to the mountains, lakes, and the Adriatic. One can enjoy almost any kind of sports, from stand-up paddling to mountaineering, on campus or just a stone’s throw away.