Update: Reopening of the 24-hour library – 03.08.2020
On Monday, August 3rd 2020 we will re-establish 24-hour access to the library.
In order to access the library, you will need to re-register for the 24-hour library:
You can do this online by selecting “My settings” (Meine Einstellungen) in the Campus System and choosing “24-hour library” (24-Stunden-Bibliothek) from the menu.
When re-registering, you will also be asked to indicate your agreement to the following provision:
For the duration of the Corona pandemic, applicable Covid-19 prevention regulations for the use of the 24-hour library must be observed without exception.
Please register at least one day ahead of the first planned use of this service. User accounts are only activated once a day, at midnight.
Wheelchair users are kindly requested to contact our staff at the circulation desk after registration.
During the 24-hour library, the following procedural rules as well as distance and hygiene measures apply:
- Before entering the library, please use the disinfectant dispenser (outside the entrance).
- Including the PC work stations, there are roughly 130 reading and work stations available.
- During your stay, we recommend that you wash your hands regularly and thoroughly (soap and disinfectant solution are available in all sanitary facilities).
- A safety distance of at least 2 metres must be complied with everywhere in the University Library.
- The minimum distance, as obtained by seating arrangements in the study areas, must not be changed.
- Tables and keyboards must be disinfected before use by every user (disinfectant solution and tissues are available in all reading rooms and in the entrance area).
- Only one person per copy room; only half the book scanners are operating to guarantee minimum distance.
- Only one person at a time is allowed to use the lift.
Thank you for your cooperation.
The team at the University Library is looking forward to your visit!