Open position: Senior Scientist
The University of Klagenfurt is pleased to announce the following open position at the Digital Age Research Center (D!ARC), employment to commence as soon as possible:
Senior Scientist (all genders welcome)
Level of employment: 100 %
Minimum salary: € 55,242.60 per annum (gross); classification according to collective agreement: B1 lit.b
Limited to: 5 years
Application deadline: August 25, 2021
Reference Code: 88/21
- Independent research within the context of the Digital Culture group at the D!ARC
- Participation in the application for third-party funding, especially from European funding programmes
- Presentation of scientific results in publications and at international conferences
- Participation in teaching at the D!ARC
- Participation in organisational and administrative tasks, especially concerning the establishment of the new university centre D!ARC
- PhD degree completed at a domestic or foreign higher education institution in Empirical Cultural Studies, Science and Technology Studies, Digital Humanities, Sociology of Technology or
- Excellent research and teaching profile in the field of Digital Culture
- Experience in the acquisition of third-party funding
- Relevant publications in peer-reviewed, international academic journals and conferences
- Experience in interdisciplinary collaboration, especially with the computer sciences, and in networking in interdisciplinary fields
- Experience in ethnography or related methods
- Project experience, also for European third-party funded projects
- Good teamwork and communication skills
The employment contract is concluded for the position as a Senior Scientist and stipulates a starting salary of € 3,945.90 gross per month (14 times a year; previous experience deemed relevant to the job can be recognised).
The University of Klagenfurt also offers:
- Personal and professional advanced training courses, management and career coaching including bespoke training for women in science
- Numerous attractive additional benefits, see also https://jobs.aau.at/en/the-university-as-employer/
- Diversity- and family-friendly university culture
- The opportunity to live and work in the attractive Alps-Adriatic region with a wide range of leisure activities in the spheres of culture, nature and sports
If you are interested in this position, please apply in English providing the following documents:
- Letter of application (motivation letter)
- Curriculum vitae including publication and lecture lists as well as details of research and teaching activities carried out
- Certificates/Transcripts that can prove that you meet the requirements
To apply, please select the position with the reference code 88/21 in the category “Scientific Staff” using the link “Apply for this position” in the job portal at https://jobs.aau.at/en/
Candidates must furnish proof that they meet the required qualifications by August 25, 2021.
For further information on this specific vacancy please contact: Prof. Dr. Katharina Kinder-Kurlanda (katharina [dot] kinder-kurlanda [at] aau [dot] at). General information for applicants is available
At the University of Klagenfurt, recruitment and staff matters are accompanied not only by the authority responsible for the recruitment procedure but also by the Equal Opportunities Working Group and, if necessary, by the Representative for Disabled Persons.
The University of Klagenfurt aims to increase the proportion of women and therefore specifically invites qualified women to apply for the position. Where the qualification is equivalent, women will be given preferential consideration. People with disabilities or chronic diseases, who fulfil the requirements, are particularly encouraged to apply.
Travel and accommodation costs incurred during the application process will not be refunded.
Translations into other languages serve informational purposes only. Solely the version advertised in the University Bulletin (Mitteilungsblatt) shall be legally binding.