If you have any questions, please contact us on Mon to Fri from 8 am to 4 pm:
Phone: +43 463 2700 9580
E-mail: schalter [dot] bibliothek [at] aau [dot] at
Library opening hours & 24-hour library
Mon-Thu: 8:30 am – 7 pm
Fri: 8:30 am – 6 pm
Saturday: 9:00 am – 1 pm
24-hour library: active
There will be no more checks of the G status.
You can find the most recent information on this at https://www.aau.at/en/corona
To ensure that the library can remain an open space for learning and studying, visitors must observe the following hygiene rules:
- The library’s mandatory mask rule is based on the regulations in force throughout the university.
Currently: As of 2 May, the requirement to wear FFP-2 masks at the University of Klagenfurt will be suspended.
We continue to recommend the use of FFP-2-masks indoors.
- Before entering the university library, please use the hand sanitiser dispenser.
- During your stay, we recommend that you wash your hands regularly and thoroughly.
Full information is published on the website aau.at/en/corona. Please check back regularly.
Reservations & collection
The surf@ubk online search engine is fully functional.
However, please note: Books held in the reading rooms (“open access collection” etc.) can NO LONGER be reserved via the search engine as of 1 March 2022, as you can once again retrieve them personally from the shelves.
Reserved items can be collected from the library entrance area in compliance with the 2G rule once you have been notified by e-mail that they are ready for collection.
Borrowing from the open access collection (reading rooms) – Test
- On 10/01/2022 Klagenfurt University Library finally returns to normal operation. This means that students and external users can borrow books from the open stacks for three days (three books simultaneously). To facilitate use of books outside opening hours, the borrowing period can be extended up to nine days.
- Works held elsewhere (e.g. in the closed stacks) can be borrowed as usual. The conditions for persons with extended borrowing rights also remain in place.
For information on quantities and borrowing periods, please visit: https://www.aau.at/en/university-library-klagenfurt/use-and-service/borrowing-2/#conditions