Univ.- Prof. Dr. Julia Hoydis
- British and Postcolonial Literatures
- Cultural studies
- Ecocriticism/Environmental Humanities
- English studies
- Environmental research
- History of literature
- Linguistics and Literature
- Literature and Other Media (Theatre, Dance, Film)
- Literature and Science Studies
- Posthumanism, Digital Narratives
- The English Novel (18.-21 Jhd.)
- Transcultural Adaptation Studies
Julia Hoydis joined the University of Klagenfurt as Full Professor of English Literature in March 2023. Previously, she held positions at the Universities of Cologne, Graz, and Duisburg-Essen.
She co-leads the AHRC/FWF/DFG-funded project “Just Futures? An Interdisciplinary Approach to Cultural Climate Models” (2023-2026), which explores questions of intergenerational justice and future-making across different media.
Since 2019, she has been general editor of Anglistik: International Journal of English Studies. In 2022, she was elected Vice-President of Deutscher Anglistenverband and Board Member of ESSE - The European Society for the Study of English.
Julia Hoydis, Nassim W. Balestrini, Ulla Kriebernegg, Anna-Maria Kainradl: Aging Studies and Ecocriticism. Rowman & Littlefield / Lexington Books, Lanham (MD), 2023,