Key points at a glance:
- Courses: Research and teaching operations will continue without interruption during the lockdown. Courses which must be delivered face to face (labs and practical courses in the school subject „Movement and Sports“, provided that this is compatible with the general rules governing sports), will continue to take place on-site. All other courses have been switched to online teaching.
- Exams: Written exams for up to 10 candidates can continue to be held face-to-face. Bigger exams are being switched to the online mode. If all parties involved agree, final exams can continue to take place face-to-face. Please keep a distance of at least 2 metres at all times.
- Opening hours of the library reading rooms: The library reading rooms will be open at the same hours as before from Monday, 29 November 2021.
- Access to university buildings: The university remains open for you between 7 am and 8 pm. Access to the university buildings is possible via the main entrance.
- 2G in all buildings: The 2G rule applies to all university buildings. Only come to the university if you have been vaccinated or have recovered. Controls are carried out.
- Exceptions: In line with the ordinance, a transitional period of four weeks, i.e. until 8 December, will apply to individuals (esp. students & teaching staff) who received a first partial vaccination in conjunction with a valid negative PCR test.
- You can upload your “proof of a low epidemiological risk” to covid-check.aau.at. Persons who have been vaccinated or have recovered will then be able to enter the university via the side entrances and will be able to join courses and examinations.
- Mandatory FFP-2-masks: FFP-2 masks must be worn inside in university buildings. FFP-2 mask must additionally be worn during face-to-face teaching sessions and may no longer be removed when seated. Lecturers and seated students making an oral contribution are exempt from this rule.
- Test centre on campus: In collaboration with the city of Klagenfurt, the university is pleased to provide a test centre on campus. It is open daily from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- In-seat registration in lecture halls and seminar rooms: Register at your seat using the QR code. Only those seats fitted with a QR code may be used (50% capacity limit).
Instructions for uploading a certificate:
- Save your test certificate on your mobile phone or take a screenshot of it.
- Open the page covid-check.aau.at.
- Click on the button “Upload new certificate”.
- Select the saved file on the mobile phone/device.
- Acknowledge the privacy information and confirm the accuracy of your details.
- Click on the button “Upload certificate”.
- You will receive confirmation by e-mail.
- Your status and the period of validity will be displayed at covid-check.aau.at.
update: 25. November 2021