Opening hours until September 30th, 2020:
June, July and September 2020:
- Monday to Wednesday, Friday: 08:30 – 16:00
- Thursday: 08:30 – 19:00
- Saturday: closed
- Monday to Friday: 08:30 – 12:00
- Saturday: closed
Opening of reading rooms only in strictest compliance with necessary distance and hygiene measures.
For library users, these are:
- Before entering the library, please use the disinfectant dispenser (outside entrance).
- Including the PC work stations, there are roughly 130 reading and work stations available.
- On entry, all users get a ticket that is to be handed over on leaving – the vacated work station may now be used by somebody else.
- The ticket must be displayed prominently at the chosen work station. It works like a reservation when briefly leaving the work station. On leaving the library, it must be returned to the return box placed at the exit.
- During your stay, we recommend to wash your hands regularly (soap and disinfectant are available in all sanitary facilities).
- Safety distance of at least 1 metre must be complied with everywhere in the University Library.
- Minimum distance, as obtained by seating arrangements in the study areas must not be changed.
- Tables and keyboards must be disinfected before use by every user (disinfectant and tissues available in all reading rooms and in the entrance area).
- Only one person per copy room; only half the book scanners are operating to guarantee minimum distance.
- Please pay attention to the markings on the floor at the loan desk.
- Please follow instructions by library staff at all times.
Books from reading rooms (open shelves aso) can no longer be ordered and reserved via the search engine surf@ubk! Now that the reading rooms are open, they ate to be collected there.
Reduced special conditions:
For students and external users, borrowing of up to 3 items from the open shelves for 3 days, two extensions max. (new), is now possible.
Items from other locations can be borrowed as usual. Borrowing conditions for persons with extended borrowing rights remain valid. All information regarding number of items and duration can be found under: https://www.aau.at/universitaetsbibliothek-klagenfurt/benuetzung-und-service/entlehnung/#entlehnbedingungen
All items due on June 8th or 9th are to be returned on time and can be borrowed again if necessary. Due to short notice, there is a goodwill period until June 15th.
Users that are abroad due to the COVID-19 situation and who can’t return to Klagenfurt on time are asked to contact schalter [dot] bibliothek [at] aau [dot] at.
Please make more extensive use of our wide range of e-resources!
In order to use the electronic resources outside the university (via Surf@ubk, DBIS etc.), please check your browser settings for the so-called proxy server (instructions available in German only).
Mon – Fri from 08:00 – 16:00 we are available for questions:
Tel.: +43 463 2700 9580,
E-Mail: schalter [dot] bibliothek [at] aau [dot] at
Your University Library team