on Monday, 04.05.2020, the University Library takes another step towards the restoration of its services for all user groups (AAU members and external users):
- The online search engine surf@ubk will be fully active again on 01.05.2020: it is possible to order and reserve books. As the reading rooms are still closed, a new service is offered: books from the reading rooms (“open shelves” and so on) can also be ordered and reserved via the search engine surf@ubk.
- Inter-university loan is activated again. Books from other universities can be ordered using the corresponding online form. Please note that a quick processing of orders depends on other libraries’ willingness/readiness to forward items.
- Ordered items can be collected starting Monday, 04.05.2020, in the entrance area of the library after you have received an email confirming availability.
- Media can be returned again at any time, but exclusively via the return kiosk outside the entrance to the library.
(Inter-university loans and other items not accepted by the return kiosk can only be returned to a table near the loan desk during opening hours.)
Until further notice, shortened opening hours:
Mon, Tue, Wed, Fri 12:00-15:00, Thu 15:00-18:00
When picking up items, please comply with the following hygiene and safety measures:
- Only one person at circulation desk.
- The use of protective face masks is compulsory when entering the buildings and the library.
- Please keep your distance when waiting on “bridge” (pay attention to markings on floor).
- Please hold up your student card to the glass panel of the first desk.
- Your items will be handed over.
Until further notice, the special borrowing conditions apply:
For students and external users, up to 6 items can be borrowed from the open shelves until June 9th, 2020. Items in other locations can be borrowed as usual. The borrowing conditions for people with extended borrowing rights still apply. All information regarding number of items and duration can be found here: https://www.aau.at/universitaetsbibliothek-klagenfurt/benuetzung-und-service/entlehnung/#entlehnbedingungen
- It is not yet possible to pay fees
- Existing accounts of external users extended until 30.09.2020
Please make more extensive use of our wide range of e-resources!
PROXY-SERVER: In order to use the electronic resources outside the university (via Surf@ubk, DBIS etc.), please check your browser settings for the so-called proxy server (instructions available in German only).
For questions, please contact us Mon – Fri 08:00-16:00
Tel.: +43 463 2700 9580, E-Mail: schalter [dot] bibliothek [at] aau [dot] at
Your UL team