This is a non-binding translation of an official job announcement (in German) that can be found here.
The University of Klagenfurt, with approximately 1,500 employees and over 12,000 students, is located in the Alps-Adriatic region and consistently achieves excellent placements in rankings. The motto “per aspera ad astra” underscores our firm commitment to the pursuit of excellence in all activities in research, teaching and university management. The principles of equality, diversity, health, sustainability and compatibility of work and family life serve as the foundation for our work at the university.
The University of Klagenfurt is pleased to announce the following open position at the Department
of Artificial Intelligence and Cybersecurity at the Faculty of Technical Sciences, employment to commence as soon as possible:
Senior Scientist without PhD (all genders welcome)
Level of employment: 75 % (30 hours/week)
Minimum salary: € 31.200,40 per annum (gross); classification according to collective agreement: B1
Limited the duration of a maternity leave
Application deadline: December 8, 2021
Reference code: 708/21
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Participation in research and teaching activities of the Information Systems research group
- Engaged collaboration in administrative and organizational tasks of the department
- Participation in public relations activities of the department or the faculty
In research and teaching, the Information Systems research group works on the application of AI-based intelligent systems to practical operational problems. The research group focuses in particular on the design and evaluation of recommendation systems, the application of data mining methods in business environments and personalized software services in general. The spectrum of the research activities ranges from the application of new methods of artificial intelligence to research into the effects of such information systems on their users. The Department of Artificial Intelligence and Cybersecurity is very well networked internationally in science and industry.
Prerequisites for the appointment:
- Completed relevant master’s or diploma studies at a university in Austria or abroad
- Proven knowledge in computer science, especially in programming
- Fluent knowledge of German and English in spoken and written form or willingness to acquire them within the first year of employment
Additional desired qualifications:
- Relevant international and practical work experience
- Social and communicative competences and ability to work in a team
- Project experience
- Fundamental experience with university teaching and research activities
- Didactic experience
- First relevant publication(s) (apart from the Master’s or diploma thesis)
The employment contract stipulates a starting salary of € 2.228,60 gross per month (14 times a year;
previous experience deemed relevant to the job can be recognised in accordance with the collective
The University of Klagenfurt also offers:
- Personal and professional advanced training courses, management and career coaching
- Numerous attractive additional benefits, see also https://jobs.aau.at/en/the-university-as-employer/
- Diversity- and family-friendly university culture
- The opportunity to live and work in the attractive Alps-Adriatic region with a wide range of leisure activities in the spheres of culture, nature and sports
If you are interested in this position, please apply in German or English providing the usual
- Letter of application
- Curriculum vitae
- Certificates and support letters
To apply, please select the position with the reference code 708/21 in the category “Scientific Staff” using the link “Apply for this position” in the job portal at jobs.aau.at/en/.
Candidates must furnish proof that they meet the required qualifications by December 8, 2021 at
For further information on this specific vacancy, please contact Dietmar Jannach (Dietmar [dot] Jannach [at] aau [dot] at). General information about the university as an employer can be found at https://jobs.aau.at/en/the-university-as-employer/. At the University of Klagenfurt, recruitment and staff matters are accompanied not only by the authority responsible for the recruitment procedure but also by the Equal Opportunities Working Group and, if necessary, by the Representative for Disabled Persons.
The University of Klagenfurt aims to increase the proportion of women and therefore specifically invites qualified women to apply for the position. Where the qualification is equivalent, women will be given preferential consideration.
People with disabilities or chronic diseases, who fulfil the requirements, are particularly encouraged
Travel and accommodation costs incurred during the application process will not be refunded.