Funded by the Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF) and the Federal State of Brandenburg, the Institute for Advanced Sustainability Studies e.V. (IASS) in Potsdam is devoted to the holistic, transdisciplinary, and international study of climate change, the components of the Earth system, and sustainability. For further information on the IASS see www.iass-potsdam.de/en.
The IASS is seeking a
Research Associate (m/f)
for the project „Mobilizing the co-benefits of renewable energies“
Ref. No. COBENEFITS-2017-03
Within the work area „Multiple Opportunities of Renewable Energies“ the project elaborates country specific co-benefits of climate policies, with emphasis on the opportunities presented by renewable power generation – such as local value creation, employment, health, water use, energy access and energy security – in India, South Africa, Turkey and Vietnam.
The policy-oriented project closely collaborates with research institutes and relevant Ministries in the partner countries in terms of co-creating and mobilizing knowledge in view of ambitious and effective implementation of climate policies (NDC) in these countries. It enables international mutual learning and capacity building among policy makers, knowledge partners and multipliers on enabling environments to seizing the co-benefits of renewable power generation.
We are seeking a Research Associate to contribute in the following working areas:
- In charge of professional science-policy communication in view of diverse target groups and formats, in terms of continuous social media communication (e.g. twitter), media contacts, newsletter editing and publishing, as well as developing, editing and reviewing website structure and contents.
- Editorial support for the team in terms of target group oriented language and contents of publications, presentations and summaries for policy makers.
- Developing, updating and overseeing a publication / dissemination plan and strategy in terms of reports, presentations / talks and in view of relevant target groups (international and in partner countries), political impact and timing.
- Proven experiences in policy-oriented communication and policy formulation preferably connected to national and international climate and energy policies, related to the post Paris process of NDC implementation.
- Academic training (Master degree) in a subject area relevant to the project contents.
- Editorial experiences, writing skills and enthusiasm to mobilizing knowledge through different formats, media and for political and scientific audiences; graphical skills are an asset.
- Experiences in editing and managing website content as well as Newsletters and Social Media.
- Excellent language and communication skills in English language – English as mother tongue is a strong asset. Skills in other languages of the partner countries are valuable.
We offer you:
- The opportunity to work in a vibrant, innovative and interdisciplinary working environment within a dynamic team in the science-policy interface.
- Excellent contacts to a range of national and international policy and research organizations.
- The position (60%, doctorate as option) will be remunerated in accordance with the German salary group TVöD 13. The position will be filled asap and is limited until 29.02.2020.
Handicapped applicants will be given preference in case of equal qualifications.