In accordance with § 107 Section 1 of the Universities Act, Alpen-Adria-Universität Klagenfurt invites applications for the position of
PreDoc Scientist (f/m)
in Marketing and International Management
at the Department of Business Management (Marketing and International Management), Faculty of Management and Economics (full time, for the duration of a maternity leave, employment scheme Uni-KV B1). The minimum gross monthly salary for this assignment is € 2.731,- (14 times per year), subject to increase according to relevant previous experience. Prospective starting date: October 23rd, 2017
Applicants should have a background or a strong interest in Marketing or International Management. She/he will contribute to the implementation of the degree course “Master in International Management”.
Duties and Responsibilities
– Participation in departmental research projects
– Original research and scholarly publication (Ph.D. projects are strongly supported)
– Graduate and undergraduate teaching in marketing and international management studies courses
– Advising and mentoring of students, also in their Bachelor and Master thesis
– Organization of excursions in the Master’s degree program International Management
– Administrative duties (e.g. committee service) associated with departmental and university membership
– Graduate diploma program in a relevant social science or economic subject (e.g. Business Administration, International Management, Psychology, Media, Communication & Culture) with at least good grades
– Experience with quantitative research methods and software (e.g. SPSS)
– Fluent in English
Candidates must meet the required qualifications by September 30th 2017 latest.
Additional Desired Qualifications
– Emphasis on Marketing or International Management during studies
– First evidence of exemplary scholarly research
– First experiences with research projects (e.g. empirical study conducted for the master thesis)
– First experiences in university teaching (e.g. tutorials and/or co-teaching)
– Interest in didactics and pedagogical skills
– Strong communication skills and enthusiasm for team work
– International experience
– Fluent in German
The university strives to increase the proportion of women among scientific staff and therefore encourages qualified female candidates to apply.
People with disabilities or chronic diseases who are qualified are explicitly invited to apply.
General information for applicants is available on www.aau.at/jobs/information.
Please use the online application form only (www.aau.at/obf) to submit your English application (letter of motivation, curriculum vitae, certificates) to Alpen-Adria-Universität Klagenfurt, Dekanatekanzlei / Recruiting, code 552H/17.
Deadline for Applications: September 27th 2017
Short-listed candidates will be invited to an interview. Travel and accommodation expenses cannot be refunded. Skype interviews will be possible.