Alpen-Adria-Universität Klagenfurt announces the following open position:
PreDoc Scientist (f/m) (in German: Universitätsassistent/in)
at the Faculty of Technical Sciences, Institute of Applied Informatics, Research Group Adaptive and Networked Production Systems (temporary contract for 4 years, scheme Uni-KV B1 www.aau.at/uni-kv, 100 % employment). The minimum monthly gross salary amounts to € 2,794.60 (14 x per year) und can increase according to collective agreements regarding allowance for professional experience specific to the position. The expected starting date of the position is as soon as possible.
The tasks and responsibilities of the position include:
- Participation in research and teaching activities of the Research Group Adaptive and Networked Production Systems
- Independent research with the goal of Doctoral Promotion within the period of appointment
- Dedicated collaboration in administrative and organizational tasks of the department
- Project collaboration with academic and industrial partners of the research group
- Participation in public relations activities of the department and faculty
The Research Group Adaptive and Networked Production Systems performs research and teaching on innovative methods and applications of Artificial Intelligence in the context of Industry 4.0. A particular focus is laid on the development and advancement of declarative problem solving methods enabling highly flexible planning and control of complex operational tasks arising in industrial and social environments. Primary research activities concern the conception and implementation of dynamic, interactive and real-time optimization methods, improving the automation and efficiency of production processes, supply chains and personnel management. The Department of Applied Informatics is linked to international partners in science and industry and provides excellent collaboration opportunities.
- Completed Master’s or Diploma studies with substantial focus on Informatics (e.g., in Informatics, Business Information Systems, Information Management or Data Science) at a domestic or foreign higher education institution
- Fluency in spoken and written English
Proof of fulfilment of the required qualifications is to be provided together with the application documents, by 12 December 2018 latest.
Additional Desired Qualifications:
- Basic knowledge and practical experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Declarative Problem Solving
- Knowledge Representation and Reasoning
- Combinatorial Search and Optimization
- Constraints and Preferences
- Computational Complexity
- Planning and Scheduling
- Data Mining and Machine Learning
- Algorithms and Implementation
- Good academic performance
- First scientific publication(s) (in addition to the Master’s or Diploma thesis)
- International and practical experience specific to the position
- Social and communicative competences
- Teaching experience and didactic competence
The position aims at the advanced professional and scientific training of graduates of a Master’s or Diploma degree programme with the goal of Doctoral Promotion in Applied Informatics. Applicants with a completed Doctorate or Ph.D. in a related discipline are therefore ineligible for the position.
Alpen-Adria-Universität Klagenfurt aims to increase the proportion of women in scientific positions, especially in leadership, and therefore encourages qualified women to apply for the position. In case of equivalent qualification, women are accepted preferentially.
People with disabilities or chronic diseases, who fulfil the requirements, are particularly encouraged to apply.
General information for applicants can be found at www.aau.at/en/jobs/information
Applications with the customary documents are to be submitted until 12 December 2018 indicating reference code 709H/18 to Alpen-Adria-Universität Klagenfurt, Dekanatekanzlei / Recruiting, exclusively via the online application form at www.aau.at/obf.
Travel and accommodation costs incurred during the application process will not be refunded.