Universität Klagenfurt is seeking to appoint qualified candidates to the following two open positions:
Predoc Scientist (f/m) (in German: Universitätsassistent/in)
at the Faculty of Management and Economics, Department of Sociology (temporary contract for 4 years, scheme Uni-KV B1, www.aau.at/en/uni-kv, 75 % employment, 30 hours/week). The minimum monthly gross salary for this position amounts to € 2.096,- (14 x per year) and can increase according to collective agreements following consideration of previous, specific and practical experience. Employment is expected to commence as soon as possible.
The focus of both positions in research and teaching lies on the interface of business and society as well as on the dynamics of markets. Consequently, the following candidates are required:
- Position a: Focus on entrepreneurship research
- Position b: Focus on market dynamics and sociology of consumption
Furthermore, the successful candidates will have the opportunity to complete their doctoral theses during the employment period.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- participation on the development of research projects in the field of entrepreneurship or on questions of market dynamics and sociology of consumption
- autonomous teaching, especially in the field of sociology and / or entrepreneurship
- supervision of students
- participation in organisational and administrative matters relating to the department
Requirements for the positions:
- successfully completed diploma or master studies in a field of social sciences or in economics
- proven knowledge in the social and economic sciences and in one of the key aspects corresponding to the profile of the department (preferably entrepreneurship, market studies or consumer research)
- very good English skills
Candidates must meet the required qualifications by 27 February 2019 at the latest.
- good knowledge of the methods of empirical social research (qualitative and quantitative methods)
- applied experience in empirical research is advantageous
- teaching experience is advantageous
- competences in teamwork and communication skills
This position serves the purposes of the vocational and scientific education of graduates of Master`s or Diploma study programs and set the goal of completing a Doctoral degree / a Ph.D. in Social Sciences and Economics. Applications of persons who have already completed a subject-specific Doctoral degree or a subject-relevant Ph.D. program therefore cannot be considered.
The university aims to increase the proportion of women in scientific positions, especially in leadership, and therefore encourages qualified women to apply for the position. In case of equivalent qualification, women are accepted preferentially.
People with disabilities or chronic diseases, who fulfil the requirements, are particularly encouraged to apply.
General information for applicants can be found at www.aau.at/en/jobs/information
Applications with the customary documents (in addition: Bachelor and Master theses as printable PDF documents) are to be submitted by 27 February 2019, indicating reference code 760H/18 to Universität Klagenfurt, Deans’ Office / Recruiting, exclusively via the online application form at www.aau.at/obf
Travel and accommodation costs incurred during the application process will not be refunded.
Translations into other languages shall serve informational purpose only. The English version alone shall be legally binding.