|Location:||University of Exeter – University of Exeter Business School, Penryn, Cornwall|
|Salary:||£33,943 depending on qualifications and experience.|
|Placed on:||3rd August 2017|
|Closes:||14th September 2017|
This new full time post is available immediately on a fixed term basis until end of September 2018 – based in Penryn (Cornwall)
The starting salary will be from GBP 33,943 on Grade F, depending on qualifications and experience.
The Business School wishes to recruit a Postdoctoral Research Fellow to work at the University’s Penryn campus – the successful applicant will provide research assistance and leadership for the new, interdisciplinary Centre for Circular Economy.
The post will include a responsibility to:
- Developing research objectives, projects and proposals for the new, interdisciplinary Centre for Circular Economy.
- Conducting individual or collaborative research projects on interdisciplinary approaches to the circular economy, with a particular focus on developing social science perspectives of the circular economy.
- Identifying sources of funding and contributing to the process of securing funds.
- Extending, transforming and applying knowledge acquired from interdisciplinary scholarship to research and appropriate external activities.
- Writing or contributing to publications or disseminating research findings with regards to the circular economy; with a particular focus on social science publications.
- Help to organisationally set up the new, interdisciplinary Centre for Circular Economy.
- To contribute to teaching and learning programmes in the School and to supervise postgraduate research students.
- Help to plan, co-ordinate and implement research programme activity.
The successful applicant will be able to develop research objectives, projects and proposals; identify sources of research funding and contribute to the process of securing funds and make presentations at conferences and other events.
Key skills/experience also include:
- PhD or equivalent qualification/experience in the field of circular economy research or a related field of study.
- Nationally recognised authority in circular economy research or related field, and possess sufficient specialist knowledge in the discipline to develop research programmes and methodologies.
- Interdisciplinary skills and knowledge, and understand circular economy from a range of different social science perspectives.
- Ability to work collaboratively, supervise the work of others and act as team leader as required.
- Ability to publish in high-quality, international journals; have excellent written and verbal communication skills; able to communicate complex and conceptual ideas to a range of groups; able to collaborate actively within the Institution and externally to complete research projects and advance thinking and is able to participate in and develop new external networks in circular economy research.
What we can offer you
- Freedom (and the support) to pursue your intellectual interests and to work creatively across disciplines to produce internationally exciting research.
- Exciting opportunity to be part of a new, interdisciplinary research Centre for Circular Economy; which has a particular focus on developing social science perspectives of circularity.
- Support teams that understand the University wide research and teaching goals and partner with our academics accordingly.
- An Innovation, Impact and Business directorate that works closely with our academics providing specialist support for external engagement and development.
- Our Exeter Academic initiative supporting high performing academics to achieve their potential and develop their career.
- A beautiful campus set in the heart of stunning Cornwall.
For further information please contact Professor Steffen Boehm, e-mail S [dot] Boehm [at] exeter [dot] ac [dot] uk or telephone (01326) 259090.
To view the Job Description and Person Specification document please click here.